View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #11
D&D Young
Established Member

M.O.C. #21360
After reading the responses I received I realized I left a few things out. So I will update. *My rig is a "2018" Montana 3811 with a lenght of 40' 9"which we purchased at the Tampa show in January.

*My road is a village road which is also a dead end without a cul-de-sac. I must back down the hill and turn 90 degrees into my driveway.

*After removing the hitch I clear with about 1 inch if I keep to the extreme right side of the road just inches away from my wall. Way to close for comfort.

* Since the distance is 13' from the rearmost tire to the end of the trailer, I will chance hitting the rear of the trailer into to road where it levels out.

*I do not need to lift the trailer so the wheels leave the ground but just need to let the skid wheels touch to keep it from scraping the rear and ripping the cap off. I think the metal wheels from etrailer would work fine causing little or no damage to the pavement.

* I would only drag/scrape for approx 4 feet.

I am adding several pictures to give a better idea of my situation.

This tire in the road indicates where the trailer will hit. ;Also the house at the bottom of the hill is my neighbors, my house is on the left side and not visible in the pictures. I also have to start my turn when my drivers door is between the pole and guide wire.
I have pics but can't upload them.

This topic is also on IRV2, under the same title with pics
D&D Young is offline   Reply With Quote