View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #32
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

There is a interesting thread going on about covers on RV NET, not quite the doom and gloom that is going on here. National Discount Covers sells a cover with a 5 year warranty, Its there Gold Line that some report good success with. Bottom line to the naysayers here on the MOC. full timing is one thing sure they take a beating. I for one do not full time yet, and to watch the weather beat the crap out of your trailer when not in use makes no sense, then have some come on here and say no to covers, or in some cases asking what are you trying to protect, and the worst part probably never used one. I think this blanket no from some of the older members on this forum are unfair and uninformed. There seems to be some methods to protect these huge investments we have, and there are covers that ARE NOT causing any damage. It is hard to believe someone would report good success with these better covers they have used for two or three years, and be having damage done to there trailer. I am done with this thread, it has annoyed me from the beginning. I probably have said more than I should, but heaven forbid disagree with some of the older members.
I'm curious - does the 5 year warranty also cover the finish on the trailer? I'm thinking about those auto bras that were the rage a few years back until folks found out they were rubbing through the paint.

Also, I wonder about moisture from condensation. Years ago I had a pickup truck with a liner in it. After 5 years, it looked great until you removed the liner and saw the bed had rusted from the outside in. I know rust wouldn't be an issue on a trailer, but mold would be.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote