View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 09:28 AM   #1
holligl

M.O.C. #16119
New Member Kicking Tires

To be honest, Not an owner yet, but doing lots of research. This Club and Forum is one of the added benefits for the Montana Brand. I retired last year, but my wife is still working in the school district, so has her summers off. She probably has a couple years before she retires. Her folks had a HitchHiker II back in the late 80s and wintered in Arizona for several years before upgrading to a park model.

I started looking at smaller travel trailers, but she really likes the room of the fifth wheels and we are looking down the road to being able to winter in warmer climates (currently live in the N/W suburbs of Chicago). I am also interested in supporting missions work with someone like the Nomads of the Methodist church. So we are considering going "all in" with our first unit. If we buy a unit, I would then buy a lower mileage used truck to pull it.

We like the raised den models, and the 3791RD Montana is what we are baselining to. Also considering the Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA and the Evergreen Bay Hill 379FL.

I appreciate your Forum and advice regardless of the path we take.

Glen
holligl is offline   Reply With Quote