Thread: LP Problems
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I'm guessing the onboard tanks are not needed or used with this large tank in place. If you have a dual regulator, the switch should be exclusively set in the direction to the large tank, therefore it does not seem that the second tank in the Monty with the 18/30 psi regulator is even used.

Is there a regulator on the tank before it attaches to the regulator on the rig? If so, what is that tank's regulator set to? I would guess it should be a higher PSI to guarantee that the Monty's regulator gets enough propane to regulator itself. It does sound like something is not providing enough pressure and these would be the only two places I would suspect unless the tank is bad. You might try substituting the dual regulator for an appropriate single regulator to the rig and eliminate any possibility that the rig's dual regulator or the remote 18/20 psi regulator have any impact.

I'm surprised the tank people haven't tried to debug what's going on. I would think if you can't get their tank working with your Monty, that you might want to try another company and their equipment and that should help these first propane tank suppliers help you or risk losing business.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote