Thread: Litter Box
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #20
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Our last trailer had a closet in the hall which was perfect for the litter box. Unfortunately, the trailer itself was very poorly constructed and after four years of problems, we traded it for a Montana 305RL. We have not been out in it yet, just got it last week.

I have a couple of ideas for the litter box.

I have heard of the shower idea, but I don't like the idea of cat litter in the shower (can clog the drain) or the idea of having to move it every time. We are going to try a covered litter box in the closet for now. Another idea would be under the bed, cordoned off from the rest of the area with wood, and a cat access door cut into the side. Some cats smell worse than others when they do number two. Our daughter's cat is just plain toxic! She keeps her box in the storage area under the bunks. (Not a Montana.) Our cat is not bad.

One piece of advice of a more general nature regarding litter boxes is to find a low cabinet that is large enough to fit the box and is self-contained, and take the door off. This only works in some units.

Something else I saw in a fifth wheel (not a Montana) was an access hole cut into the staircase so the cat could access her box, which was located in the basement storage. There was already a laundry chute built into the staircase. These people also constructed screened covers for the outside access panel so the cat could look outside from the basement.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote