View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #20
TheGreg
Established Member

M.O.C. #27776
Quote:
Originally Posted by VagabondLove View Post
I have the opposite experience with my KO2 tires. They started cupping at 10K miles (suspension is AOK) and they are wearing so quickly at 25K miles. I honestly can't wait until I replace them. Although I am not sure with what, I have always had great experiences with Michelin, regardless the cost. When I had a blowout on my 2014 F350DRW Rugged Trail T/A front tire while towing the 18Klb Montana, the damage caused by the blowout more than exceeded the differential cost of the Michelins. I was extremely glad that we were in the middle of nowhere Wyoming when the blowout occurred so I did not take out any other vehicles as the rig swerved into the oncoming traffic lane while spewing rubber and steel all over the road.
BF Goodrich tires have been made by Michelin since 1988. I have always assumed Michelin treated it as a premium line like their own named tires. I'm hoping your case is one of the rare instances that can happen to any tire and not a systemic issue.

I've run dozens of different BF Goodrich tires over the years and the only bad wear I had was 35" Mud T/A tires on my Suburban that I would drive like a sports car, so clearly a user issue. Have had plenty of other brands wear poorly too from normal driving.
TheGreg is offline   Reply With Quote