View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 03:01 PM   #382
John Neeley
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19277
Personally, I dont think what manufacture you end up using, there is always going to be some QC issues of some sorts or another, and some worse than most. My last 2 5'ers have been Forest River Wildcats, and both were a major pain in the keester.. namely the biggest was the issue of axle alignments and tire wear. I cant tell you how many tires I went though in a span of 8 years with those units; infact 2 blown within 50 miles of each other, and no spare for the last one. I dont think I am rough on these units and my last one went through 2 broken spring leafs in one trip, never curbing it, that I recall. With this new 3440RL, the only real big issue was the motherboard for the computer control, which was replaced. Last trip, when was another thread here, was on the Norcold refrig not cooling correctly, and thanks to another member here, he gave his idea and surely that was it, so no need to take it to the repair facility 100 miles away. I have yet tried the AC units, and that might be another bug, but wont now until next month on our trip to WY. Probably the best RV I ever had was a 2000 Everest 38 footer, which was made by Keystone also, but dont think they are made any longer.
2016 Montana 3440RL Legacy-Andersen 3200 Hitch
John Neeley is offline   Reply With Quote