View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #5
billhansen19304
Established Member

M.O.C. #15861
Thanks. Oddly enough my issue is not during Boost mode but when it switches to Normal. Very confusing. The inverter folks are going to replace the inverter under warranty at this point to evaluate. Its too bad Keystone didn't pick one vendor for both. It would make life easier...
I'll update the post as we go along.
Thanks again for the reply.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cw3jason

Yes, it is normal. The inverter will shut down if the converter is in boost mode, because it is putting out over 14volts DC. I posted about this in another thread. The inverter manufacture is aware of the issue and like you have found out, turning the inverter off, then back on resets the inverter and it will go back to normal once the converter is no longer in boost mode. The issue stems from to much demand on the battery to run the fridge when not connected to shore power. once connected the converter tries to recover the battery as quick as possible causing the inverter to error out. Better batteries that did not drain so fast would solve the issue for shorter trips. Not sure if the inverter manufacture plans on changing the parameters on any future designs.
billhansen19304 is offline   Reply With Quote