View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 03:27 AM   #17
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
My case has now been elevated to Owner Relations who will not put anything in writing or send emails, give out phone numbers. When I added and submitted the rear roof drain issue and General RV's poor repair that just moved the problem to the rear storage area He commented that it was a big deal having standing water in the door. I find that owner relations is good at telling you anything and doing nothing. It took me a day to get Owner Relations on the phone to remind Him that my unit was still sitting in the dealers lot and he had forgotten to authorize the dealer to do the investigation repair and the dealer was requesting I get it out as his storage was tight.

BTW when General RV Birch Run, the selling dealer with 11 stores in 5 states, failed to fix most issues I immediately called and emailed Keystone Customer service. The email got me a form letter email telling me to take it to a warranty dealer? The call phone rep must have known how bad General RV is with warranty and sent me to another dealer who refused to do any warranty work stating He only worked o what he sold.

In the local campground where it is being stored/checked out I met a neighbor who is having worse issues with General RV. Both his beds have fallen and he has delamination and many other issues. He tried to return it and get his money back and they showed him the form he had signed relieving General RV of any warranty claims and that they sold the RV "As Is".

I have had communications with the General Manager of General RV Birch Run who has told me they will resolve a few issues where they put a paint coating on to protect my paint but forgot to wash the buggs and dirt off before they coated it with a permanent surface wax. Since their roof repair looks awful and when I told them it was not acceptable they told me design was not their job.

I am not having much luck in finding current high level management contacts in either company which shows that they are well insulated and protect themselves from their customers. I guess they have many lawyers in management. I just cannot see how they are the number one seller with the best quality that they advertise seeing how poor they respond and treat customers.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote