View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 04:12 AM   #17
Montana_2194
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2194
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Awhile back I like to never got rid of some spyware/adware called Bargain Buddy. None of the removal tools I tried succeeded. They all said they got rid of it but next boot it was back. I tried Adaware and McAfee AntiSpyware and some others. I finally found it had installed a service that was not getting deleted. Each boot it checked and then reinstalled itself. There oughta be a law...
Steve,

I shared your frustration, and no-one in the business or in my ISP group could help. I finally downloaded something called "Spyware Doctor" from PC Tools, and also a sister application called "registry Mechanic". When I ran tese, they cleared out Bargain buddy for keeps, and found a ton of other stuff which Spybot didn't detect.

On rebooting, they were gone. Whew! The software has a modest cost. under $50.00, and includes automatic upgrades for a year. My computer runs faster, and there are no registry corruptions, so I never get derailed or hung up. I've used it three weeks, and am delighted, and don't feel invaded like I did. (and that dumb Bargain Buddy dog is dead)

jhadley (Jack)
Montana_2194 is offline   Reply With Quote