View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 01:21 PM   #13
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I agree with beeje! If your unit is a model before 2017 or so you have the two piece tanks and as he stated they are glued together at the top. I can definitely verify not to let the tanks get FULL even to the "burp" stage. This WILL cause your tank to split or rupture. I have had to replace two of the three tanks so far and the third, I think is now leaking when it gets full so that means it is split at the top somewhere. I use plenty of water when flushing the toilet so there is plenty of water in the tank to carry the solids out but it still will not totally flush out the solids because the exit valve is about an inch or two above the bottom of the tank and the tank still has solids in it after dumping. This is why there is a tank flush line and even that does not clean everything out. I also use Happy Camper and like DQDick, I use two scoops of it in the black tank after every flush or dump. Dumping Pinesol down the black tank may make it smell better but that is also killing any of the bacteria from the Happy Camper you have left in your tank that breaks down the solids and also kills any bacteria from the new Happy Camper you are adding thus creating a non-dissolving, non-breakdown Happy Camper. This is more than likely why you are getting the smell that is stronger than normal when dumping. You will always get some smell when dumping but if you use plenty of water when flushing the toilet this helps a lot to speed up the dumping process of the black tank. I follow the black tank dump with dumping the galley gray tank and then the shower gray tank to clean out the lines and the slinky sewer hose going to the sewer dump.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote