View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 06:12 AM   #51
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggarView View Post
Slowhand... you left out the operative word... "yet." or put another way "so far". Not once in my post did I say the OP needs a dually. I used the words "potentially" and "possibly" WRT needing more truck. Yes specs matter and being within specs will determine what one needs. You say you are right at the door sticker. Good for you. What you have works for you. I also did not imply brakes were a sole condition for such decisions, I was talking about control, the last point I made stated in my opening statement. A heavy trailer wags the dog or at least has the potential to. Under those conditions... more truck is better than less.

And yes not everybody needs a dually... the math will determine what is needed, not ego.
I agree and sorry to rip your post. I just get tired of guys saying all this crap about the truck can't stop the trailer. The lawyers are going to get you. My Montana has a gross loaded weight rating of 13,000 Lb's. so I am at the limit of my truck but I dont carry more than I need on my trips to keep the weight down. I do however need to tell my wife if you don't wear that then it doesn't go LOL.

There were lots of things I took into consideration when getting my truck. I use mine for more than towing so a dually wasn't practical for me. I do however tow all over the country with mine so I am not a camper so to speak. I do believe that when a guy buys a camper he should be practical and get what he needs for the type of camping he is going to do. Like a guy that goes camping does he need a washer and dryer or a residential fridge. If you got the money than get the biggest baddest rig but you diffidently need the right equipment to tow it.Again I apologize for ripping your post.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote