View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 02:34 PM   #45
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
I've drove Tractor Trailers, flatbeds, dump's, box/cargo and I've also towed 5er RV trailers for many many years and my RV tow vehicles have ranged from 1500 series to now 3500 series SRW... Quite frankly I've towed the current 5er which is a 3790RD thousands of miles with both a 2500HD duramax and 3500HD duramax SRW's and quite frankly there is really absolutely no difference in how they handle the trailer at all. The 2500HD I had air bags installed, sat level and really didn't hardly squat at all with the Monty hooked up. The 3500HD does squat quite a bit, down to the helpers. The 3500HD rides better unloaded than the 2500HD did unloaded and hence the reason I changed. Both trucks handle the trailer fine... I am always amazed at how people on this forum and others talk about safety only comes with dually's etc... Speculation at best... You want to talk safety how about mandatory training & licensing for all these folks on the road that just bought a big dually or SRW & a 40ft trailer and way they go... The idiots behind the wheel are the number one safety issue on the road but I'm real glad you'all feel like you are so much safer in your dually's... This guy that started the post already has his truck and you are all trying to tell him to buy a dually .........OMG get over yourself... What is good for you doesn't mean it is for someone else... Your level of comfort will be different than others so IMHO let the guy make up his own mind as he already spent huge money on the truck, chances are real good that he'll be comfortable towing with his 250HD Ford.
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote