View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 05:39 PM   #27
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0veless View Post
I switched last year from the BW companion to the Pullrite superlight and never looked back. the BW is a fantastic hitch never had any issues what so ever. reason for the change as I use my truck a lot and need the bed. BW was so (turn over style )heavy constantly changing out even hooked up a gantry at home to help. I went with the pullrite over the Anderson only because Pullrite was steel and the extra 15 lbs. was not a big deal. first couple times hooking up was different but now its easy to line up you get the feel for it.
Would agree with this. My new base for 2015 RAM pre prep is so heavy. The turnover was much easier to handle. I do trust the B&W though and easy to operate. When unloading I just pull the lever and when the correct height for disconnect is reached the jaws and lever just slide away and open up.The hitch has always been quiet with no chucking. Loading is just as easy! The weight of the base for those of us to use our trucks for more is overbearing. My new base also has the preload spring to keep the head pointed down which I do like! I fabbed the old base with some screen door springs to accomplish the same, the B&W is a brute but understand why, as these rigs and even larger Toy Haulers need some beef!
druryg is offline   Reply With Quote