View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #12
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I carry a 110v pancake style compressor that sits in the truck bed next to my dual EU2000s. I use the compressor for other things besides airing up the tires so I bring it along for multi-functional purposes. I carry the dual EU2000s for RV backup power and will use one for the compressor when on the road. I just start up a genny, plug in the compressor and get that pressurized. The compressor came with about 40' of hose so I just connect it up and can reach the TV's tires and all the RV's tires. It has come in handy for my tires and caravanners with us as well who need some air.

The service stations stuff either doesn't work, requires quarters, doesn't have enough pressure, is not in a good location or I'm in a line. Bringing my own stuff means I don't have to wait and the equipment can be used for other stuff.

At the stickhouse I even use this gear for airing up other vehicles to make sure this stuff is used and kept running. For me a very good 12v compressor would just be redundant and too specific a tool.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote