View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 08:46 AM   #15
R Berry
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19916
Yep! Happen to me this pass summer. 2017 Montana 3731FL, I was at Fairbanks Alaska this Summer. First my gray tank started to leak when it was getting close to being full, so I just started to drain it sooner than later.
So I was in Fairbanks drained the black tank and was flushing it for a second time when the damm thing dropped. WHAT A MESS! It didn’t drop to the ground but it did pull down part of the underbelly. I went and bought a piece of angel iron and some lumber and secured the tanks so they wouldn’t fall the any further. Now we weren’t able to use the bathroom at all, no showers or anything.
Had to cut our trip a little short to get back to Ohio to fix this problem.
I dropped the underbelly and noticed that half of the bolts that was supposed to holed up the Gary tank was missing. And this let the angel iron pivot and the tank dropped on one side and put stress on the the black tank. The angel iron that was holding up the black tank was twisted because the iron was so thin. I had to cut an opening behind the toilet to reattach the vent pipe. I put a larger grade of steel angel iron to replace the bent crap that that Montana uses.
I did call Montana but didn’t seem to interested in the problem. A lot of work but I did learn a lot about my RV from the underneath Looking up.
R Berry is offline   Reply With Quote