View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 02:54 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
If I am not mistaken, Keystone has switched to a different style of tank this past year or so. I think they changed them out in 2019 editions, but not sure. They are now one piece tanks and are supported a little better than the previous 2 piece tanks that were plastic welded together. I've replaced all three of my tanks, except for the fresh water tank and have braced up the tanks like Bob has. Keystone says the gap between the tanks and the metal crossbar under them is for the tanks to give some when they are filled but they do not take into account that the old tanks are just sitting on the edges of the tank and the frame and when the tanks start to fill the weight of the water and etc (8.5 lbs plus per gallon) makes the edges move some on the frame, thus the problem of the tanks dropping off the frame and the welds breaking. This is why now do not let my tanks fill totally and dump them when they are 3/4 or less full also. As Bob stated, Keystone has been notified of this problem for years and have not done anything about it until this last year or so. Hopefully, the new style tank and bracing is working out better for all of us but it to bad they can't make some sort of adaptor kit so the new tanks can be put in to replace the old style.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote