Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #22
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi scottz

It depends on what you order from the power company. There isn’t any difference in the power just the transform you want. My stick house is 117/234 the house next to me and far enough away that they are on their own transformer same line is 120/240 then you get into 3 PHz I have worked with 13,200 coming into the building to our transformer about 12 ft high and out of that 200V to our 3 carbon rod furnace to melt 2,000 lbs. of stainless and our largest customer for the parts we cast was the power company LOL.

A lot of commercial companies have 208 of all things you would think 440 would be preferred electric motors for 440 3 PHz are cheap compared the single PHz motors.

I have been in RV parks here in Florida that still had 110/220 when you tested their pedestal.

I haven’t even looked at our Montana to see if a 220/240 2 pole circuit breaker could be installed for what reason?? However I do know that both AC units are on the same line and I don’t understand why. Or is it just Keystone remember their employees don’t even have electricity in their homes. LOL

Hi scottz

It depends on what you order from the power company. There isn’t any difference in the power just the transform you want. My stick house is 117/234 the house next to me and far enough away that they are on their own transformer same line is 120/240 then you get into 3 PHz I have worked with 13,200 coming into the building to our transformer about 12 ft high and out of that 200V to our 3 carbon rod furnace to melt 2,000 lbs. of stainless and our largest customer for the parts we cast was the power company LOL.

A lot of commercial companies have 208 of all things you would think 440 would be preferred electric motors for 440 3 PHz are cheap compared the single PHz motors.

I have been in RV parks here in Florida that still had 110/220 when you tested their pedestal.

I haven’t even looked at our Montana to see if a 220/240 2 pole circuit breaker could be installed for what reason?? However I do know that both AC units are on the same line and I don’t understand why. Or is it just Keystone remember their employees don’t even have electricity in their homes. LOL

Where most of the people really get confused is when you tell them if the load is balanced the same on both L1 and L2 that the neutral doesn’t carry any of the electricity.

Phil P
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote