Thread: Chinese tires
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
psomers... that's the plan on ST tires, unfortunately many aren't convinced that manufacturing quality systems are good enough out of the factory and since in most trailers people aren't in them, many of us think the quality is suspect no matter what is designed.

Sure, there are some that can say with lack of use, owners don't care for them as much as they should, but someone like myself, who parks the rig on the driveway where I check the tires periodically even when not in use to ensure inflation pressure, I had a Mission Tire that nearly exploded on me, so until ST quality is better, the LT will often be a suitable alternative. Silly me, then I switched to Marathons because at the time I didn't know of their reputation, but they are holding up well, until this year when they are aging out. But I watch these very well and even closer than the Missions (who by the way is out of business - I'm guessing, their quality was very poor and the reputation, too. Goodyear with its deeper pockets and tire family seem to be fairing better, but they have had their issues with the Marathon.

While my Discount Tire dealer will not allow me to put an LT on my rig, there are plenty of other dealers who will. Fortunately, I am hoping this time to switch to Maxxis STs which have a pretty good reputation and have a set at Discount Tire priced out pretty good - I will probably buy some beginning of next year (no long trips planned and money is tied up for other things right now).
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote