Thread: Black tank info
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #24
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Well, folks I have found the black tank leak and it is a big one. The tank is leaking very heavily at the bottom bulge to the right of the black tank drain piping. Of course I pulled the underbelly cover on the right side which is a long way from the exit hole on the tank. Can't see it real well from this side but appears to be a fairly long crack as the water is just pouring out. What has me very confused is I ran the flushing water a long time to partially fill the tank with the drain valve closed no leak. Then hooked the water to the regulare city water line hookup and ran it for quite some more time by opening up the toilet flush valve. After some time the leak showed up and then leaked for a long time. Why do I have to put so much water in to get it to leak. I would think the tank drain outlet would be the lowest part of the tank. The 3400RL is parked and leveled almost perfectly. Something doesn't make sense at all.

The only possibility is that it is leaking from near the top of the tank but just appears to be leaking from the bottom near the drain. Where did you folks have cracks in your tanks? I guess I'm going to have to drop the other side of the underbelly to see if I can see/find where it is really leaking from. Is it possible I just have a drain pipe fitting leaking coming out of the bottom left front of the tank? What kind of cracks did you folks have and where were they? I beleive Rich said his crack was on top of the tank somewhere. What a disaster.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote