View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I have what you have. The picture shows the automatic changeover model. Mine is now stuck where the indicator is in the halfway mark and only the right side works. I do need to replace mine because only one side works. I have not done this yet and when the tank runs out I swap it with the other one on the other side.

The red Marshall regulator you are talking about is different and is described by BB_TX perfectly. It is on the opposite side with the tank on that side. The one from the factory is an 18psi unit. I have already replaced this one with a 30 psi unit because the 18psi unit might not be enough and this is the recommended swap out. This is different from the autochange regulator that is in your picture.

The level on the changeover is to force the propane supply to one tank or the other when it runs out. For example, in your picture the lever is to the left and let's imagine propane is flowing from that tank (on the opposite side of this one). Then the tank runs out. The regulator then automatically switches to the other tank. Then you must manually move the lever to the right (where the propane is already flowing) so you can then disconnect the empty tank on the other side and get it refilled.

In my case the left side of the regulator is failed no matter what I do with the lever which is why it will be replaced. I have already tried every debug attempt suggested by MOC members to determine or assist with the flow. The failing point always seems to be the left side of the regulator even when manually manipulated. I haven't replaced it yet because we don't go out much and I'm content with swapping tanks for now. When I get tired of doing that, I'll replace it.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote