View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 08:23 AM   #11
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Hi

I use a tankless 12V compressor. I carry 2 of them.

Phil P
What pushed me to spend the money on my ARB system? Well, when I first bought my 5th wheel, I was a newbie to RVing, all I carried in my TV was a basic tool kit and I had road side assistance. Like everyone else my RV had Marathon tires on it. On one trip I lost a tire. At that time I had AAA Plus RV so i called them. After waiting helplessly for hours on the side of the road and several angry calls to AAA someone finally showed up. It was at that point that I decided I will never be stuck on the side of the road again waiting for help.
After a lot of research I decided to purchace and install ARB's top of the line twin air compressor on my TV. It comes complete with all the wiring harnesses, relays and switches need for install. I have it connected to a 5 gal aluminum air tank I mounted under my bed. I have a control panel mounted below my dash with a 160 psi air gauge and the on/off switch for the compressor. It takes around 4 mins to pressurize the 5 gal air tank from 0 to 150 psi. The compressor shuts off at 150 psi and comes on at 135 psi. I have a quick disconnect on the air tank to plug in the air hose. I have no trouble inflating my TV tires and RV tires to 110psi. Plus I also carry a pneumatic bottle jack and impact gun. It runs the impact gun with no problem. I have helped several people at camp sites who have had flats and could get the lug nuts off with the tire iron. The air gun broke the lug nuts loose with no effort what so ever.
Like I said in my other post this is an expensive investment. I did the install myself. To me the peace of mind of not being stuck on the side of the road in the middle of the night God knows where is well worth the money I spent.
FYI,Here is the compressor I bought.

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-On-Board...-P21341C9.aspx
DmaxDually is offline   Reply With Quote