View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #5
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Our Stick house is in VA and that's where we spend most of our time in the summer. Most of our kids live here. When we go to Fl for the winter months, (they accept mail at the park) I go to the post office and make out a simple tempory change of address form. The main postal anex then puts an address lable with our FL address on it and sends it off to FLA. I also give them a stop date and ask them to hold the mail for a few days till we get home.

This past Dec. we changed from VA to FL residents. This will save us a lot of money on personal property taxes and no state income taxes. To do this we had to have a post office box in the town where the camp ground is. Now, any mail I get in FLA is being transfered here to VA the same way. The people sending me the mail in the first place, have no idea their mail is being forwarded to us.

It has worked for two years for us. If we go on a trip during the summer, they are very good about holding our mail till we return. This has never cost us any money.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote