View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
New Stuff for my new Toy

A lot has happend in the last couple days.
Yeserday I picked up my rear hitch from a local welder. It went from about 30# to about 70#. It also has holes for 6 more bolts to secure it to the trailer and a 2" reciever. Paint should be dry tomorrow and ready for instalation.

This morning I droped off my trailer at a semi local RV service shop (KB RV Service, Bemidji, MN). Picked it up this evening with a 2nd A/C unit (Dometic Penguin Low Profile) Ducted and connected to Comfort Control Center thermostat. One slight problem, the suppier sent the wrong lower unit. It did not have the quick cool vent. Will be exchanging it myself in a couple days free of charge. They also installed 2 "Fantastic Vent" covers over the fans. We made an arrangement with the dealer for the local guy to do some of the warrenty work so I could avoid a few 3 hour (one way) drives. They fixed a couple things and orderd a few parts. I am very happy with their work. They also noticed a couple other problems that I had missed. A torn seal on the bottom of one slides and an uneven tire wear issue. I have only had the trailer for 2 1/2 weeks and put maybe 700 miles on the tires. I would highly recommend these guys to anyone needing service in the area. We'll see what the dealer says about the tire issue.

I also recieved a package from Camping World today. A pair of BAL 7500# scissor jacks. My wife is quite sensitive to the bouncing of the trailer from suspention and frame flex. I plan on installing the jacks tomorrow just in front of the front tires. I also hope they will help me level the trailer side to side a bit better, or if I forget to block up the tires again.
woodtic is offline   Reply With Quote