Thread: IMP
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 04:21 AM   #16
Ms McGyver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8531
Glad you're better! Take it easy as it takes a while to recoup--been there at least twice, don't want to do it again. After my first big heart attack it took me 6 months to feel like myself again. Doc says I'll be on meds the rest of my life, go figure!

On the A/c, I advise not running the power through the Monty's circuit board. Break off and put it on it's own 110 power cord. This allows you to plug it in directly to the post and not pull extra amperage through the unit. Many times we've had to plug into 30 amp service which would not allow us to run the main a/c and microwave at the same time, much less a second a/c. This way you can get both a/c's running to cool the unit down then switch off the main and maintain internal temps with the front unit. Utilizing the a/c's in this manner the panel powers other appliances only. Secondly, it allows you to cut power to the Monty for electrical work and still cool the unit via the front A/C. Our dealer's service techs love that fact!

And I too, love the white noise it provides. Both DH and I snore so the noise it provides, even just running the fan, helps us sleep.
Ms McGyver is offline   Reply With Quote