View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #24
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I believe it depends on your personality, also. (Note the thread we were just discussing personalities). I, like Dave (Montana Sky), am a road warrior. I believe in "point A to point B" travel. Now, I know many disagree with that. I also know that many just don't like driving that much. I happen to love it. I drove straight through from Asheville, NC to Bellaire, MI without even thinking twice about it.

I will see a lot of this great country. I already have. But, I like moving down the road with my home behind me, and I will always have a specific goal of where I'm going before I ever leave the spot I'm currently in. I sure don't mean to put down those who have the capacity to just take off with no plan for the night. That's a great life, I'm sure. BUT... I would be a nervous wreck without a planned stop for that night - my personality.

I would like to try this 200/2 rule, though. I just really want to know where I'm going to stay that night... Maybe I'll grow out of this mode. I'm only 54...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote