View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 04:59 AM   #7
Montana_2779
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2779
Looks like you guys spend some time in my old neck of the woods. I lived up in The City back in the mid-90's (and Escondido in the mid-80's). I've been planting the seed with Cheryl to relocate back there. I loved the RV parks in Pacifica and over by Candlestick (some of the surrounding neigborhoods not withstanding). However, with SF looking at banning handguns AND charging for plastic or paper bags at the grocery stores, I'm thinking that part of the peninsula may have gotten a little too "Feinsteined" for me..... oh well...... maybe Pacifica!

Like you, I'm torn on the situation with children in RV parks. On one hand, I think RVing is one of the greatest things you can do with your kids (we wouldn't be doing this if my folks hadn't taken us to a million places in the old Coleman). On the other hand, I think a LOT of parents (and, yes, I sadly admit that this more often than not my generation-- the 30 and 40-somethings) use the world as a babysitter these days. Not only do you see some folks abandoning any real control of their kids, they get angry when you ask them to modify disruptive behaviors. If each generation is worse than the last, watch out!

To all of the parents who still believe that kids should be seen and not heard...BLESS YOU!! (Heck, I'm starting to wonder if anyone under 40 has ever heard this phrase--- or knows what a turn signal is used for)
Montana_2779 is offline   Reply With Quote