View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 01:01 PM   #48
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Steve, another MOC member got us the info we wanted, but thanks for the help. Keep forgetting how much info is out there if you know how to look--still getting my computer legs.

Luci & Ricky, Steve has given you a good direction to go in researching other leaky slideout problems in the forum. I helped a guy with an Everest who had a leaking slideout and it seems that someone at the factory either uses too short a piece of interior seal or someone cuts it off to make it look tidy. At the bottom of the exterior seals there appears to be a piece of plastic seal sticking out a little way. This interior seal take the water down and then out under the exterior seal at the bottom---if it is cut short, the water just runs inside or, at least, that is what it seemed to us. Sounds like your dealer doesn't have a clue how to really fix it. A friend who is an engineer always calls the engineering department to find out what it takes to fix what is broken. They usually know and are current on what is going on.

Campground, think it is time to run up the BS flag on your dealer. NO one puts money in "your" account to fix future problems. It is wise that you have an attorney.

ksiceman, you are absolutely right regarding quality control. I wonder if anyone from Keystone reads the various forums---sure seems like an easy way to get a lot of good data to help resolve problems. The cheapest products aren't always cost effective. E.g., the sound system is junk. We had ours replaced and still had noise coming from one speak--so just disconnected it. My ears are bad, but someone else might enjoy some good sounds. This is one of the most common complains I've seen in the various forums and many have been replaced. This has had to cost Keystone a lot more than buying a good setup and installing it correctly in the first place. It is also time for Keystone to start putting some glue with their staples. Have to rebuild our rear overhead cabinet which is coming apart since we're in Mexico and there is no dealer handy.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote