View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:12 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
The white hose is to be used strictly for fresh potable water and never for any other use. Where that fresh potable water comes from is not a issue. It can be from your home, campground or where ever as long as it is potable. Never use the white hose for flushing the black tank due to the possibility of contamination. When breaking down, never let the ends of the white hose to get dirty. I also take the time to be sure the white hose is totally drained before putting it away. It is also never a bad idea to connect both ends together before storing.
A separate "garden" type hose should be used for the black tank flush or washing the TV or Monty but should never be used for potable water. The color of the garden hose is no matter so long as it isn't white.
Like Brad said "If it has the new docking station, you can fill the fresh water from there and let it overflow out the rear fill, or you can gravity fill into the back fill until it overflows. I always use the white hose to fill or hook up to the city water connect."
When I am finished dumping and flushing the black tank with the "garden" hose I shut the black tank dump valve and put in a few gallons thru the flush valve before shutting down the flush hose.

Sometimes getting everything done right seems to be a daunting task but after a few trips it will become second nature. I try to use the same routine every time I set up or breakdown so that is becomes a habit. A habit that I can live with.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote