View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Towtector Mud/Rock Guard Review

I posted a reply in another thread of our experiences with this add-on to protect the Big Sky paint, but feel it needs a thread of it's own. We have about 22 hours of travel time with the Towtector and so far it seems to be performing it's job well. I have closely checked the paint at the Big Sky front for signs of chipping and cannot see anything detrimental. The only quirk of this style of protector is one must be aware that the exhaust can affect the bristles. The web-site gives a listing of trucks that have rear exhaust (straight back) and a metal shield must be installed. Our truck exhausts to the side and the web-site did not recommend any shield but I can see where the exhaust is affecting the bristles on the outside passenger side of the shield. I will be fashioning my own guard for the shield to add some protection to the bristles. I can report that I am satisfied with the purchase to date. Here is the model that we have in a 96" width that provides complete coverage for the width of the dually tires. The aspect I liked that this shield offered is more protection towards the hitch receiver in the middle of the truck when compared to other hard flap-type guards. It attaches to a ball-type hitch receiver (which I purchased separately at Harbor Freight) so can be easily removed when not towing the rig.

Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote