Thread: Shakedown
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 02:00 PM   #12
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by trukdoc

We picked up our new Mountaineer 328RLS Nov 19 and took it to Galveston Island about 340 miles from home over Thanksgiving weekend.
We absolutely love the coach. Our biggest problem was a slight leak under the bathroom sink. All I had to do was tighten the fitting. We set the smoke alarm off useing the oven for the first time cooking out turkey.
Before we left home, our area had a nasty storm, if a slide was going to leak this would have done it.
It towed like a dream extremely satisified with the powerstroke and my concern with only having a SRW is gone. I am glad I did not get a dually. I am getting about 11.8 MPG @ 70+ MPH. I was not wasting any time getting there.
We stayed at Delanara RV park. It has full hook up but a bit tight with the three slides.
We checked out the Galveston Island State Park while we were there. It is on the beach with spacious parking just no sewer hook up. It just has a dump station. I think we will stay there next time.

But after hearing all the posts of problems we were very relieved all worked beyond expectation first trip out.
We love our Mountaineer!!!!
Well trukdoc it sounds like you guys had a great maiden voyage. I am sure you will have many happy miles ahead. How did the truck do with the brake controller?? Also, glad to see someone from East Texas. I get home to Texarkana as often as I can.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote