View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
beancounter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6893
Greetings from The Carolinas!

Sorry this introduction is a little long-winded.

We are so new the factory still has our Mountaineer 342PHT! My wife and I had been looking at fifth-wheels for about a year and when we finally stumbled upon the 342 we knew that was the one. We were very impressed with the build quality and the reputation that the Montana line has. So, hopefully within the next few weeks we'll be able to legitimately call ourselves "owners".

Yes. A bunkhouse. You have already determined that we have children. Three of them to be precise - all boys - all active. They keep us busy and on our toes. Getting away and going camping is our down time and family time all rolled into one. We think it is indispensible to our mental health!

We live in the Carolinas. Our primary residence is in North Carolina and we have a small place at the beach in South Carolina. We do most of our camping near home due to busy schedules. But, if I consider all of the states I have camped in during my life, I'm pretty sure I have covered all of them except Hawaii and Alaska.

Let's see... Oh, yes! Tow vehicle. That is the other thing everybody seems to want to know. We have an '05 F350/PSD/CC/LWB/DRW/2WD with Tow Command and Camper Package. Rated 16,100# FW, 15,000# TT, 23,000# GCVWR, 13,000# GVRW. Did I miss anything?

Anyway, this appears to be a great place in cyberspace and we are looking forward to participating.

beancounter is offline   Reply With Quote