View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Retired on wednesday

My last day of work was wednesday.Took off to Florida on thursday morning early.Arrived at my camp ground in Summerfield,FL around 1 pm on friday.Left philly it was 39 degrees,arived in florida to a balmy 86.I`am loving this already.Its saturday and this is the first saturday I haven`t had to work in a few years.It feels awesome.

The company had a real nice retirement party/dinner for me on tuesday night.It was very special.Not a dry eye in the house including me.37 years with the same company will do that to you.I`ve left a lot of good friends for my new beginnings.I am so lucky to be able to do this at 56 years old.I count my blessings every day.

I visited the "Villages"OMG this place is not to be beleived.Just georgous.30 golf courses and every one I saw the fairways looked like astro truf.Just beautiful.This retirement life is the best and I`am only 3 days into it.

The truck and Montana did great on the drive down-no problems.I was worn out though.And my lab was good also,he just layed his head on my knee and slept just about the whole trip(good doggy)
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote