Thread: Timken Bearings
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #5
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbecker View Post
Anyone know if Timken Bearings are still made in the US??

Last time I looked, Timken has plants in 27 countries.

As far as failures, our HC arrived with one badly chipped inner bearing roller and two outers that were overheated and were blue. There was plenty of grease. I replaced those bearings with Timkens then again when I did the disc brake upgrade 18,000 miles later with another, brand new set of Timkens even though the take offs were like new. All were USA.

Others will use the Chinese bearings for the life of their towable RV that never have a problem but I sure don't need a cheap bearing failure in West Overshoe late on a Saturday afternoon

You can wander iRV2 as well as the Keystone forums and find other that have had similar or worse bearing failures.

Greasing - 12,000 miles or 12 months according to Dexter plus my professional training as well as the US Army beat the 12,000 miles into my head. 12 months is a CYA time frame, IMO, by Dexter.

Other then Timken, Bower, SKF, National Fafnir and a few other Western made bearings are just as good as the Timken brand. It's the ones that have nothing more then a standard industry part number and Made In China that I shy away from.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote