View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 05:39 PM   #35
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Ford won’t fix a HPFP that shows sings of rust or dirt in it. They say that is abuse. I guess they think it’s not their fault you got water or dirt in the fuel.
Lynwood
This is true and correct, coming from the Ford truck forums board this has happened to more than one person. If they find rust or dirt in the gas tank which is part of the diagnosis and repair because of the metal shard contamination to the fuel injectors and related parts when the pump grenades they wont cover it. Guess where the rust came from? Fuel transfer tanks made of steel like the ones you get from the farm store or on line.
I had a new 39 gal. one with a gravity fill line to the fill neck. After some months I decided to put a cheap 100 micron filter on the line with a clear bezel after 2 tank fulls thru it clog the filter with rust, big rust particles after some research found they all do it from the moisture in the fuel,air,partially filled tanks. The tank went on craigslist with a warning and was gone in 2 days. Now I use a 30 gal. plastic one and the new filter has not a bit of contamination in it after months of use. 6.7 users beware.

Sorry felt I had to get this out after MLH mention it.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote