View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 06:48 AM   #16
chulavista
Established Member

M.O.C. #25440
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreG L. View Post
Welcome. We spent over a year on this site (and others) before we decided to buy a 3561. I had no idea how much I didn't know and how much money I needed to spend on things (I obsessively try to plan ahead), but when we did buy we were ready to hit the road.

I can say my dealer was not a happy camper when I showed up with "The List" at our walk through but it was well worth doing.
Hi Greg!
Thanks! Yeah, We've been all over the place on different sites, etc. We started out wanting a new toy hauler. So in all the researching I've been doing for over a year now, I've found I don't want one. Our SXS weighs too much. For us to be able to get a toy hauler that can actually haul our SXS it has to have a CCC of at least 5,000 lbs - our SXS weighs 2,000 lbs. The ones with that kind of CCC are 44' long. We will not always take the SXS along, so we decided we would look at tandem towing on the trips we do take it with us. And yes, I've already done the homework concerning tandem or triple towing as well.
I've found the sales people really have no idea about the weights of the toy haulers (or any rv for that matter), the responsibility falls on the consumer to know all the numbers.
Now I'm down to the Montana because of the quality of the build and the length. We've walked through many, and the length and the floor plan of the 3120 looks like it will fit our needs better than any other. I can find many that fit the length requirement, but none that I like as well or that seem to be built as well. And when the time comes for us to purchase ours, I will have "the list" as well. Our first fifth wheel was an Alpenlite - it was a great unit. Our current RV is a bumper pull toy hauler - if we had done the kind of homework we are now doing, we would not have purchase this one. Live and learn, they say!!
Retirement May 31 2020
chulavista is offline   Reply With Quote