View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 02:16 AM   #66
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
X2 on hearing of more of these failures. I remember joining the MOC after purchasing our first used Montana. It was about 4 years ago and Richfaa had one of his many tank failures. Throughout our time full timing between our used Montana and our new one I just kept waiting for one of the tanks to burst open. The only one I ever left closed was the black and I tried to dump and rinse it every 4 or 5 days, never allowing it to get close to full.

This apparently has never been an issue with the SOB MH that we now own, or at least I have never found any reference to it on that forum. That makes me wonder if it generally happens just on fivers and not on MH's? Or do other brands of fivers experience some of these tank failures? Is it the style and/or brand of tank Keystone is using? Or is it the way Keystone Montana installs and supports their tanks?

I now have a different set of maintenance issues to deal with, but I certainly do not miss holding my breath waiting for a holding tank rupture.