Thread: Quality
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 12:51 PM   #40
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Only problem with that is you are comparing a Solitude to your High Country ,their Reflection line Or MAYBE the Non Legacy Monty(even that is a stretch) is your comparison,I have 2 friends with a Solitude and compared to the Montana Legacy they are outclassed,they have only a dated 10in frame,cheap Tv's and stereos no central Vac system,cheaper suspension,,no ceiling fan,no rear cap,cheaper pin Box the list goes on and they are the same price,they are nice looking but that is far as it goes and they have been back for warranty work many times and they have a horrible dealer network that sells them(Paul Everets, General RV etc.. Although you are right they do like GD's customer service
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Buckeye83

We have only had our Montana for a month but we had several items addressed during PDI. Our Monty dealer has been great.

Our first TT was a Grand Design purchased through General RV. I would probably not but from General RV again. We loved our Grand Design and some of the features it had that our Monty does not have. We looked at the Solitude line when upgrading which was very nice (comparable to Montana) but a heavier pin weight and General RV would have been our local dealer without traveling 2 hours away.

Based on our experience with Grand Design their customer service is most likely second to none (when comparing apples to apples). If something broke I would have new parts and manuals overnighted to me at no charge. All of the GD owners came from Keystone.