View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 01:45 PM   #56
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Having never seen the manufacturing plant, I can't help but wonder how so many owners have so few, if any, problems and others lots of problems.
Do they build these on an assembly line type process?
Or do they have dedicated crews from start to finish of each unit?
Do they have multiple assembly lines for different floorplans with better crews on some than others?
Are there certain floorplans that inherently have more problems than others?
Is cabinetry and other woodwork built by 3rd party vendors off site?
Are Monday morning units more prone to problems than Thursday?
Seems there has to be some reason for such inconsistency.

They are built on a assembly line I believe there are 16 stations ( I may be wrong and there are less) Frame in on Station 1 and complete RV out of the last station. There are 18 or more off the line each day.

They move from station to station the crew does not follow. once station one is finished with their task they are done with that RV.

Every model Montana is built on the same line same plant they are intermingled there is a build order hanging on every unit. Most if not all cabinetry is built off site by vendors.It looked as tho some were put together there on the line.

When the required number of units are completed for the day they are done. IMO the day of the week means nothing and is a urban myth.

Have no idea about different floor plans having more problems than others .

We have been down that assembly line every fall rally since 2006.The process has not changed.

If I missed something or am incorrect on anything those who have been down that same line correct me.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote