View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #49
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierp View Post
<snip>
Am I correct in believing that if the tester comes clean that it's not being run through some kind of behind-the-wall splitter that I can't see?
</snip>
Good question and I don't know the answer. I suspect the simple tool won't detect a splitter.

Quote:
<snip>Background: 2018 3050BR, Genie is HR44-200 and works when I wire the bedroom coax to the #1 spot on the DTV 4-way splitter. It doesn't like to work in my living room when I put that coax in the #1 spot.
</snip>
The #1 post on the DTV splitter has to be the one connected to the Power Inserter (PI) and then a receiver. I have always had the Genie in the LR cabled to the PI and then to the splitter. The BR mini-Genie connects to the Sat labeled cable and to the splitter (in port #2). I always start up the LR Genie and PI first. Then once it completes, I start the BR mini-Genie. I had thought the mini-Genie was incapable of establishing the sat linkup which is why I choose this process.

I am lucky to have independent sat wiring. You can try using a dedicated coax strung through the coach to the switch to see if that works. That will tell you if there is a problem with the in-wall coax. If it works (I bet it does) then start looking for a splitter behind the convenience center or BR wall switch.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote