View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 03:43 AM   #5
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
I use my old single LNB dish for the RV. I replaced it on the home with the 3 LNB type. I just grab one of the home receivers when we take the RV out. It requires a couple setting changes on the menu, check the zip code for correct pointing and I am in business. The biggest problem seems to be when setting up the dish. If I make sure it is level first and foremost the rest seems to go easy. I have found that you really need to use the compass to get the correct direction (azimuth) for the correct satellite. I have found signals near the correct azimuth but they are usually different satellites and will not work. So; set menu first, level dish, use compass for correct azimuth and finally adjust elevation for best signal. You can use the on screen signal meter but I found it is easier to use a signal strength meter at the dish. Do not skip a step and if it doesn't work go back to the beginning and make extra sure each step is completed correctly before going to the next. Works every time!
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote