View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
Shadywood
Established Member

M.O.C. #18679
Mount location for Progressive EMS-LCHW50 in a 3130RE

I am weighing the options of the portable vs hardwired EMS. Functionally they are the same. Both have displays that provide error codes and operation data. The issue for me is if I want to install the hardwired unit where can I locate it so that the display can be seen by just opening a door or cover without the requirement of tools.

I have searched the forum for suggestions. One was to put it behind the removable panel in the storage compartment -- not easily accessible for routine checks. Not a good option.

I assume that the power supply lead from the external connection goes directly to the breaker panel. On our 3130RE, the breaker panel is on the side of a two-door cabinet. Opening the doors of the cabinet reveal a 2-shelf interior with the bottom shelf volume paneled off across both doors. I assume that the breaker panel is not deep and in requirement of that entire space. I am wondering if I could locate the hardwired brick in this area in the door opening farthest from the breaker panel. Installation here would require some wood working that I am perfectly capable to do.

The question is whether there is some other location that provides visual access without major modifications.
Shadywood is offline   Reply With Quote