View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 05:31 PM   #4
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I think you will find the 2x4 bed is same height as 4x4 on new model trucks. This does support my argument that it is difficult in some areas of the country to find a 2x4 on the lots. They are that unpopular. Next to impossible to sell a used one in Arkansas! Take that all you 4x4 haters!!

There really isn’t a significant difference in ride , height or fuel mileage between a modern 2x4 and a 4x4!!!!! There was 20 years ago but not today. I have yet to hear a single good argument to not go 4x4 on a modern truck. That is the reason you can’t find them on the lots in several areas of the country.

Only people I know buy them around here are big city fleet delivery trucks that have the very basic trim package you know manual windows and AM only radios (IE:they want the cheapest thing they can get for delivery drivers to use. Think auto parts store delivery)

Get the 4x4 you won’t regret it! You will more than make up the initial cost difference on the back end and will have 4 x4 for any UNEXPECTED situation.

Haven’t heard of anyone ever having issues towing due to having 4x4 but I have heard more than one “dang I wish I had 4x4”. Pulled my share of 2x4 vehicles out of a bad spot!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote