Thread: MOC chapters
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jars

It's seems to me MOC is going in all directions clubs every where. We need to settle down and come to an organized concclusion.

jars
Richard E. Smith
Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting your thoughts on this. The regional and subchapter discussions probably look like a fracturing of the club, at first blush. But in this case I think it's a little different. What is happening is we had our first annual rally in late September, in Indiana. Many of us realized it's not possible for everyone to travel a long ways to a rally nor to always get vacation, etc.

So, what's happening is some folks in a geographical area are wanting to get together in a mini-rally, to meet each other and enjoy the comraderie, etc. I don't think any of them are looking to split off from MOC but rather to augment the club through regional chapters or whatever they are called.

Vicki and I see it as an offshoot of the enthusiasm of this club. I'm not an Admin in MOC but from posts I've seen from Admins I think they welcome this activity.

I hope I'm not coming across as beating on you, that's not my intent. I just wanted to explain that what might look like fracturing is actually an offshoot of the enthusiasm and warm feelings we see in MOC.

As fulltimers we will watch for times when we're close enough to attend some of these regional get-togethers as we really enjoy the people in this group. I hope what I'm saying makes some sense instead of just muddying things up.

Thank you for expressing your thoughts. THAT is what this group is all about.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote