Thread: Reloading
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 09:50 AM   #62
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
For me it’s practical. I’m retired but the wife has 9 more years until retirement. I have no plans on purchasing a new firearm at least not in the state of California. So for me purchasing a $10 box of ammo would cost $10, plus $19 for a background check, so $29 for a box of $10 ammo. I refuse to do that and would rather learn to reload and not worry about running out any time soon.

I would like to be fairly accurate, there is a long range shooting area not to far from my house that’s where I want to dope my rifle once built. For the most part handgun shooting at steel plates.

Running the higher grain rounds through the ar 15 and ar10 with the barrel twist I have will make the rifle more accurate. Being able to load up different charges with the heavier round until I find the sweet spot works for me. As far as handgun I can make some 9mm rounds with less kick for the wife so she can experiment, but she insists she would rather have full loads.

So from what I have gathered I’m not going to worry to much about trimming case length on non crimped handgun brass, which I have none anyway. The rifle brass 5.56 and .308/7.62 I will need to trim overall length. Do you guys use the hand trimmer or powered..?

I’m excited once I get the press and dies I can send off for a total of 1100 free bullets, of course I need to pay shipping.

Tony
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote