Thread: 12Volt problem
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 08:23 AM   #11
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
Likely the converter and it is likely behind the wall in the pass through front compartment. There is generally a 50amp fuse and on occasion they have been known to blow. I carry extra's and I've had to install them in others converters. I blew one once and started carrying them, haven't had that issue myself but have seen it a few times in the past few years. To test the theory hook up a 12 volt battery charger to the battery and see if the voltage still drops. It shouldn't...... The other issue Could be a manual reset circuit breaker is tripped on the power supply line from the converter... Just traced it down and fixed one for a neighbor in the RV park that is beside us last week. Small little reset was hidden behind the wires but with a multimeter I managed to trace it down and was in process of removing wire from the CB when I seen the little reset. Could only see 11 volts on the system when everything off, went to 7 volts when trying to run any 12volt equipment. Pushed the reset and away everything went. Why they didn't install an auto reset CB on that circuit is beyond me........ good luck
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote