Thread: graphics
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #12
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

No mark we do not have graphics as we have the 2013 3402 Big Sky. We got the big Sky for two primary reasons. It had the G6-14 tires and the 6 point leveling system. We could have "made a deal" as others have to replace the G6 14 tires on a regular Montana and the 6 point leveling system was a option as well. The price was right for the big sky already having those features and the paint job seemed like a reasonable replacement for the troublesome graphics.

IMO only the paint on this 13 Big Sky is fragile chips easily and again IMO only at the end of 4 years will look worse than the graphics on the 06 3400 ever did.

In my opinion right now I should have purchased a regular 3402 Montana, changed tires and added the 6 point leveling system as a option , saved a few grand and been far better off.

I was just wondering what the track record has been on the "new "graphics.

All this applies only to myself as others do not seem to have the issues or concerns we have.

The Big Sky has drawn compliments at every campground we have been in and few even realize it is a Keystone/Montana product.
Wow, I should expect our 2014 to have the same issues then. Question, did you get any touch up paint for the BS (Big Sky)? If not, can we buy it? I also got the BS to limit the graphics issue, but wasn't expecting a lot of paint chipping. I thought I did see some graphics on the big sky, but it had a clear coat over it. I didn't look too close, but I'll have to go back to the dealer now and take another look. I thought I saw raised Big Sky lettering on the prototype 2014 that was photographed and put on another link. Humm, can't remember now. P.S. Essencitally I did the BS for the same reasons you stated. I hope I chose wisely...either way, we'll deal with whatever may come.
MDL is offline   Reply With Quote