Thread: graphics
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 05:20 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The folks that looked at the graphics sent to me by Burlington for our 06 3400 did graphics primarily for boats on Lake Erie. They did not say they were cheap graphics but graphics that should have a life span of 5 to 7 years under normal conditions and normal care on a Rv . They could not put that quality graphic on a boat. In fact they said there was little market for that quality graphic in the business they did. They had a wide selection of Mountain scenes they could reproduce and the rest of the Montana graphics were not difficult to replace off the shelf so to speak. It would have been very pricy to replace the graphics with true quality graphics and IMO not worth the cost.

There are a couple pre 2010 Montana's here at this Rv park that have been under cover since day one and the graphics are perfect.

It is just my opinion only that our exposing the graphics to in many cases extreme elements and improper care contributed greatly to the early demise of some of them.

Our 06 graphics looked real good in year 5 then here in Florida in year 6 the side that was always exposed to the sun began to shrink and peel and by year 7 I could grab a edge of a graphic and peel it off the gel Coat.

IMO we got what we paid for a 5 to 7 year graphic. However it would have been nice if they told us that. I do not remember that in the marketing.

IMO we purchased a recreational vehicle then used it in a manner it was not intended to be used no matter what the marketing may try to convince us of. We take full responsibility for doing that. Keystone/Montana as well as other comparable brands told us what we were purchasing. We chose to do otherwise.

That does not mean we will let Keystone off the hook for the poor build quality or us off the hook for the purchase.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote