View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #32
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hey Greatwhite. Your link describes a 50 amp, but that one looks like a 30 amp. I hate that Amazon does this. This is not your fault. Ironically the first link you provided it looked like the 50 amp description showed a 50 amp adapter even though the gender was incorrect.

BEWARE: Amazon will use any old picture cuz it's close. Unfortunately, I've read reviews where what was described will be correct but they do send what's in the picture which was wrong, then the recipient has difficulty trying to get this remedied. That wastes so much time when you try to get it swapped out or try to get a refund and need it in a hurry! I'm beginning to dislike shopping at Amazon because of this chance. I'm starting to be more inclined and willing to find it at a store to verify what I'm buying just to avoid mistakes like this. It might cost more, but it's worth getting what you pay for.

I'm just saying be careful with Amazon these days.

On edit: with close examination, the first link you provided it looks like that adapter is used for converting the round four pins of a Marine 50 amp connector to the four blade type connectors. There's lot to watch our for when buying these adapters and cords and they are SO expensive. This is why some folks just clip off an end and convert it using just a purchased connector IF you can find the correct end and gender.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote