Thread: Slide Broke
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #34
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
You won't believe this, the bolt on the other end of the slide broke. I was in Little America saturday, getting ready to head out and went to bring in the main slide and it went cattywampus on me again. This time my wife invited me to join her under the trailer, and I figured why not, after all she is in the shade and I am out here in the sun giving her directions. This time the head of the bolt and the nut sheared off, but the shaft of the bolt was still in the hole. Hmmmm, I said. Tried using a replacment bolt to move it out to no avail. Hmmmmm, I went again. My wife said don't do that. Then I tried using a small screwdrived and slip joint pliers to move it, also, to no avail. Then I remembered my center punch and hammer in the 5er. 15 minutes later we were back on the road - well a total of 30 minutes in total - well, what did you expect, I was helping! I think next time I replace one, I will simply replace both of them at the same time. Now I have to go to the hardware store to buy a couple more bolts and nuts, I only have two left in my parts supply.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote